DIY Gallery Style Inspiration Wall

Hello there! I'm back with my third post! Today I'm going to be doing an easy DIY you can do yourself at home to set the mood or spice up a plain wall you may have : it's a Gallery Style Inspiration Wall. <3


Here's what mine looks like. I used it to fill a boring cream coloured wall I have above my iMac and inspire me while I was blogging on my computer. I really like it - it's one of my favourite parts of my room and it's very "me" ! Let's get right into it.....


 Begin by deciding on a colour palette that will match it's surrounding, or you could choose a theme, or just go for anything that catches your fancy! I chose a light blue, turquoise and mint green theme, because they are my favourite colours, and match my room :)

Here are some ideas you might want to include on your wall.....


One of the things I displayed on my inspiration wall was a variety of postcards I had collected. I got these from Paperchase, which I matched to my rooms colour scheme and taped to the wall using a mint green washi tape. You can use ones that have been sent to you, or even birthday cards, and make sure they all use the same colour palette.


Another thing I did was found large patterned patches in magazines, then decided on a word I wanted to use, and sketched it onto the pattern. Then, with a pair of small scissors I cut them out and secured them using blue tack. You can put the letters vertically like I did, or horizontally, or even diagonally.


Use old magazines, brochures, catalogs or posters and find patches of colour that suit your theme and cut shapes out. You could cut hearts like I did, or try a flower or any other shape you fancy. I liked the effect of cutting more than one out in different shades and arranging them together.


One of my favourite things for this wall was to collect several fashion magazines and find outfits that had colours that tied in to the rest of the wall, then secure them onto a section of your choice. You could even try using pinking shears, or ripping the edges for a more textured look.


Another fab idea is to save pretty looking leaflets or cards from events you have attended and put these on your wall. My favourite thing about this is that not only does it look pretty, but it also holds memories and good times of those events you went to. This adds a lovely sentimental value to the wall, too!


Search through Pinterest, Tumblr and Google to find cute pictures and illustrations that match your theme, then print them off, cut them out and secure them on the wall. I particularly love adding artwork onto it!


And finally, to add a little more function to your wall, add a magnetic or cork board. I used this little heart shaped board, and to add more colour to it, I striped it with mint green washi tape. You can display to do lists, notes, reminders, appointments and whatever else may take your fancy!


After collecting everything you want to display, I would recommend laying everything out on a big surface so you have a vague idea of what it will look like when finished, and where you should secure everything. Then, take your means of attaching it to wall, and stick, stick, stick!! Let your creativity run wild!

What is your favourite idea for the inspiration wall? And what will you be adding on yours? Don't forget to let me know and send me a picture if you decide to do this DIY yourself!

Thank you so much for reading, don't forget to comment, follow me and save my posts on Bloglovin'! Hope you all have a lovely day!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Anna Ruth Loves

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author